Today its cold. Really coooolllllddd. And snowy. Brrr……..
A good day for a hot choice for dinner. Hot as in temperature but also in spice!! Nothing like some fire in your veins to warm you up.
And I always think where there is fire there should be ice. Its a nice complement to have something cool and crisp when your meal is built on caliente spices.
Therefore, tonight we will be experiencing the ying and yang of flavors: Hot and cold, spicy and icy, burn and brrr. A bit of New England meets the tropics.
Bring on the conga line!
Spicy Latin Pork Chops (hot, hot, hot ❤)
Pat surfaces of pork chops with paper toweling. Blend well all seasonings and rub evenly over surfaces of pork chops. Place chops in shallow pan and roast at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until internal temperature (measured with a meat thermometer) registers 155 degrees F. Remove from oven, let rest 4 minutes before serving (temperature will rise about 5 degrees upon resting).
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 roasted red peppers, cut in strips
- 1 lb prawns, about 20 extra large shrimp, poached and chilled
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups arugula, washed,trimmed and chopped into large pieces
- Lime wedges
- 2 Tbslpn sugar
- 2 Tblspn fish sauce
- 3 Tblspn Lime juice
- 1 Tblspn Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tblspn Peanut oil or Sesame oil
- 1/2 tspn salt
- Ground pepper to taste
Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Combine first 5 salad ingredients and toss gently with dressing. Serve on a bed of arugula garnished with lime wedges and freshly ground pepper.