Lol, the benefits of being a grown up 🙂
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 cups oil
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two cupcake tins with liners.
- Mix together in a bowl together flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla for about minute or so.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the grated carrots. Then add nuts and raisins.
- Pour batter in prepared cupcake pans and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out. Cool then fill with cream cheese filling.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the cream cheese filling: In a bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute. Add vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another minute.
To fill cupcakes: Using a pastry bag and a medium size tip entered from the top of the cupcake, about half way in, squeeze 1-2 tspns of filling.
1/4 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp. light cream
1 c. shredded coconut
Cream butter and brown sugar. Add light cream; mix well. Stir in coconut. Spread over warm filled cupcakes. Broil 4-5 inches from heat, about 2 minutes or until golden brown. (keep an eye on them so they dont burn!)